Contract duration and type: Freelance (paid by assignment), 2 years duration
Start date: January 1st, 2021 (Other dates will be considered)
AETHON is an engineering SME working on innovative and cutting-edge technology products for smart cities, transportation, mobility, logistics and advanced vehicle technologies. We take pride in our forward thinking and enjoy out-of-the-box ideas and solutions. We are currently looking for an equally forward-thinking UI/UX designer, who will work alongside our lead Programmer to deliver better and intuitive interfaces for our products.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product & project managers and engineers;
- Create, evaluate and improve user story maps and contribute to requirements elicitation;
- Develop UI wireframes, mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how the product will function and appear to users;
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards and process flows;
- Design and develop graphic user interface elements for web and smartphone applications;
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback;
- Design and execute usability tests;
- Report on work progress and contribute to deliverables on projects.
What is perfect for the position
- Minimum 4 years proven work experience in UI/UX design (responsive web design and optionally smartphone applications);
- A portfolio that highlights projects where you were responsible for the complete UI/UX design and development lifecycle of a web (and optionally a smartphone) application
- BSc or MSc in Interaction Design, Digital Design, or relevant;
- Excellent knowledge and usage of the English language;
- Exquisite verbal and written communication skills;
What is considered a plus
- Proven experience in backend operations (PHP);
- Experience in developing social engagement products such as forums, messaging apps, social networks;
- Knowledge of working under Agile project management schemes.
- A competitive remuneration scheme and impactful payment plan;
- Working in a team with significant innovation potential that encourages and builds on “crazier-the-better” ideas;
- Work in large-scale projects that are beyond the current state-of-practice;
- Opt for full-time position by priority when the opportunity arises.
Want to apply? Then go ahead! Send a motivation letter (max 1 page), your portfolio and your CV (max 2 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nothing too fancy, just tell us who you are and why you want to join the AETHON team!