Location: Athens, Greece
Contract duration and type: Full-time, with indefinite duration
Start date: January 1st, 2021 (Other dates will be considered)
AETHON is an engineering SME working on innovative and cutting-edge technology products for smart cities, transportation, mobility, logistics and advanced vehicle technologies. We take pride in our forward thinking and enjoy out-of-the-box ideas and solutions. We are currently looking for an equally forward-thinking Transportation Engineer, that will work across the different sectors of AETHON on an array of innovative projects, will participate in the formulation of new projects and will contribute technically to the products of AETHON.
- Work alone or as part of a team to execute projects’ envisioned work;
- Actively engage and take initiative during the technical writing of proposals and tenders;
- Prepare and submit projects’ deliverables in a timely fashion;
- Prepare and present the outcomes of your work clearly;
- Engage partners and customers to ensure that requirements are met and feedback is documented, negotiated and incorporated;
- Execute data analytics activities across all sectors of the company;
- Design and develop modelling and engineering tools that will be integrated in the products of the company and/or used as part of transportation analysis of its projects.
What is perfect for the position
- MSc in a field relevant to transportation engineering, data analytics, systems engineering;
- Proven knowledge of creating or working with transportation models and/or transportation simulation software;
- Proven knowledge of a programming or scripting language;
- Experience (at least from academia) working on data analysis, fusion, visualization and interpretation for the transportation field;
- Excellent knowledge and usage of the English language;
- Exquisite verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to learn new things;
- Able to work with minimum supervision both independently and as part of a team;
- A collaborative attitude, team spirit and out-of-the-box thinking.
What is considered a plus
- Proven knowledge of Python or R and experience with data visualization tools;
- Proven knowledge of Sumo (open source) or Vissum (proprietary – or similar, e.g., Aimsun);
- Solid knowledge of a third language;
- Knowledge of designing/implementing or working under Agile project management schemes.
- Competitive full-time salary with an impactful bonus scheme and an extensive leaves’ plan;
- Working in a team with significant innovation potential that encourages and builds on “crazier-the-better” ideas;
- Work in large-scale projects that are beyond the current state-of-practice;
- Dynamic, fast-paced working environment;
- The ability to design a continuous education plan supported by AETHON;
- Friendly and stimulating environment that encourages team-driven solution making.