Location: Athens, Greece
Contract duration and type: Full-time, with indefinite duration
Experience level: Entry or Junior
Start date: May 1st, 2021 (Other dates will be considered)
AETHON Engineering was created with the mission to become a hub of innovative products and projects in the fields of Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing), Behavioral Analytics and Data Engineering in the sectors of Smart Cities, Transport & Mobility, Circular Economy, Public Transport, Logistics & Sustainability and Advanced Vehicle Technologies. AETHON aims to deliver innovative projects and products that assist cities and society to achieve and increase sustainability, greener environment, higher efficiency and societal cohesion.
We are currently looking for an equally forward-thinking web developer/programmer, who will work on product design, coding and deployment for AETHON’s projects and products.
- Design and develop graphic user interface elements for web applications;
- Implement and develop web backend in event-driven design architectures;
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the team;
- Create, evaluate and improve user story maps and contribute to requirements elicitation;
- Pursue innovative leads with the goal to implement novel, beyond state-of-the-art processes in design and development;
- Design and execute integration/system tests;
- Apply adjustments based on feedback collected by users;
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities;
- Report on work progress and contribute to projects’ deliverables.
What is required for the position
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS and associated frameworks;
- In-depth knowledge of SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.);
- Solid understanding of Git versioning tool;
- Solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices;
- Excellent knowledge and usage of English language;
- A collaborative attitude, team spirit and out-of-the-box thinking;
- An inquisitive nature and always struggling to reach over and above.
What is considered a plus
- BSc or MSc in computer science, applied mathematics or a related field;
- Familiarity with another OOP programming language such as Java, C#, Python, Rust or other;
- Familiarity with the Ionic framework;
- Knowledge of cloud implementations (utilization/setup of: message brokers such as Rabbit MQ, NoSQL databases such as Redis etc.);
- Knowledge of working under Agile project management schemes.
- A competitive remuneration scheme and impactful payment plan;
- Working in a team with significant innovation potential that encourages and builds on “crazier-the-better” ideas;
- An extensive and elaborate leave-of-absences policy;
- Work in large-scale projects that are beyond the current state-of-play.
Want to apply? Then go ahead! Send a motivation letter (max 1 page), your portfolio and your CV (max 2 pages) to email@example.com. Nothing too fancy, just tell us who you are and why you want to join the AETHON team!