Location: Athens, Greece
Contract duration and type: Full-time, with indefinite duration
Start date: October 1st, 2021 (Other dates will be considered)
AETHON is an engineering SME working on innovative technology products for smart cities, transportation, mobility, logistics and advanced vehicle technologies. We take pride in our forward thinking and enjoy out-of-the-box ideas and solutions. We are currently looking for an experienced Transport Engineer to join our team and work on ongoing innovation projects, participate in the formulation of new projects and contribute technically to the products of AETHON.
- Work alone or as part of a team to execute projects’ envisioned work;
- Prepare and submit projects’ deliverables in a timely fashion;
- Design and develop modelling and engineering tools that will be integrated in the products of the company and/or used as part of transportation analysis of its projects;
- Execute data analytics activities for the transportation domain where the company is engaged at;
- Participate and technically represent the company in projects’ consortium meetings;
- Prepare and present the outcomes of your work clearly;
- Actively participate and take initiative during the technical writing of proposals and tenders;
- Engage partners and customers to ensure that requirements are met, and feedback is documented, negotiated and incorporated;
- Promote company’s services and products to potential clients and partners with respect to the technical aspect of the company’s activities for the transportation domain.
What is perfect for the position
- University degree in a field relevant to transport engineering, data analytics, systems engineering;
- At least 3 years of experience in a position that involves transport modelling or analytics or relevant (academic positions, e.g., a PhD, are accepted);
- Excellent command of the English and Greek languages;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of a programming or scripting language such as Python or R;
- Strong analytical thinking and a desire to learn;
- Able to work with minimum supervision both independently and as part of a team;
- A collaborative attitude, team spirit and out-of-the-box thinking.
What is considered a plus
- PhD in a domain relevant to transport engineering, data analytics, systems engineering;
- Experience with transportation modelling, and/or transportation simulation software;
- Knowledge of data processing libraries in Python or another language;
- Experience with data analysis, visualization, and interpretation;
- Working knowledge of a GIS software package.
- Competitive full-time salary with an impactful bonus scheme and an extensive leaves’ plan;
- Working in a team with significant innovation potential that encourages and builds on “crazier-the-better” ideas;
- Work in large-scale projects that are beyond the current state-of-practice;
- Dynamic, fast-paced working environment;
- The ability to design a continuous education plan supported by AETHON;
- Friendly and stimulating environment that encourages team-driven solution making.